What does Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling means?
Discuss Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling.
- The first cause is the use of low quality filters that’s been used before the membrane.
- It is sludge that passes the three filters and then gets stuck between the membrane layers.
- The sludge is not flush when the system is been serviced.
- This sludge stays in the membrane for a few years and solidify to an extent that it blocks the water from going through.
- We have found that when we service reverse osmosis systems that the filters that’s been used is of no value.
- It is low quality filters.
- We wouldn’t use the type of filters that most of the service people use or the outlets that sell the filters.
- If you use the low quality filters then you can’t complain if your reverse osmosis membrane is foul.
- The filters do not filter the water to such extent that the membrane can function properly.
- The material that cause the membrane to be foul or clogged up is because the person who service the system do not know what to do.
- There is no reason that the reverse osmosis membrane can last ten and even more years.
- To use low quality filters cause more membrane sales means more profit.
Cause of Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling.
- The second cause is: When people go on leave or are away from home and the reverse osmosis system isn’t been used for a long time.
- Let’s say from two weeks and longer.
- The water that stays in the system does not move and you must remember that the water at the filters is already contaminated.
- Yes that contaminated material, chemicals and parasites is a sure place for decomposing.
- If this situation occurs all that you do when you come back is to take the filters out.
- That is if you make use of high quality filter.
- Then you can wash the filters with water, soap and a little bit of Dettol.
- The Dettol kill and clean the parasites and filters.
- Wash the filters and rinse it.
- You can take the membrane out and wash it as-well.
- When you put the filters and membrane back.
- Apply some Vaseline on the seals.
- Put a teaspoon of Dettol in every filter housing and on both sides of the membrane.
- Put some Dettol inside the center of the membrane that point the front when you replace the membrane.
- Let the water flow through the system.
- Remember to let all the water out of the tank before applying new fresh water to the system.
- Let the system stand for an hour and flush the system.
- Let all the water flow out of the tank for two times and then it would be safe to be used again.
The other alternative is to let us service the system. That will give you peace of mind.
What to do when Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling occurs?
- Throw it away and get a new one.
- Get a reverse osmosis membrane that is GWTA approved.
- Most of the membranes are low quality and GWTA have tested most of them.
- The best advice that I can give you is to get hold of a service provider or technician that is approved by GWTA .
- They will service your reverse osmosis system and the foul membrane is likely to happen.
- They use the best water filters that’s been approved by GWTA .
Who do you know if your Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling?
The first question that I will ask you is:
- Did you flush the membrane?
- Did you let 5 liter flows through the membrane?
- Do you know how to flush the membrane? If not see membrane cleaning page.
Test if Reverse Osmosis Membrane Fouling.
- Close tank valve.
- Unscrew or unclip the waste water pipeline at the inlet side of the flow restrictor valve.
- Put the waste water pipeline in bucket not less than 5 litres.
- Open the faucet
- Water will start to flow from the waste water pipeline.
- Let 5 litres flow through the membrane.
- If water does not flow through the membrane then you will know that the membrane is clogged-up with sludge.
- It is time to get a new reverse osmosis membrane.
- Please do not throw away your money contact us to get the information on what the best membrane is.
- There is a low quality membrane that will just cost you money and is really a waste of money to get them.
Borehole Water Filtration
Borehole Water Purifying System
Purify borehole water
Borehole water purification
Borehole Water Filters
Reverse Osmosis System
Borehole water Pollution
Sewerage in our borehole water
Drain near Borehole
Dangers of borehole water
Borehole Water Dangers
Borehole Water Smell
Rotten Egg Smell
South Africa Borehole Water Quality
South Africa borehole water Warning
South Africa Boreholes
Testing Borehole Water
Bank Requirements for Borehole water
Submit your review