Skip to content
Reverse Osmosis Membrane
- The membrane is located in the water system just after the 4 way valve unit.
- The water goes into the membrane at the screw-on lid of the membrane housing.
- You will notice the pipe fitting in the centre of this screw on lid.
- That is the receiving chamber of the membrane housing.
- The closed end of the membrane housing has two openings.
- You will notice that one is in the centre and the other one is off centre to the right hand side.
- The centre opening is the purified water exit to the tank.
- The off centre opening is the waste water exit opening.
- Let’s talk about the centre opening of the membrane housing.
- That is the purified water opening that is equipped with a non-return valve.
- That is to prevent the purified water from flowing back into the membrane housing.
- Any water that flow back into the membrane housing can cause contamination especially the waste water from the basin waste pipe.
- The reverse osmosis membrane is the heart of the reverse osmosis system.
- It is this part that must be protected from build-up sludge and any type of blockage.
- There is a host of low quality and cheap reverse osmosis membranes on the market.
- Not all of them are of good quality and is a waste of money for it waste more water than it purifies.
- A low grade reverse osmosis membrane can cost you a great deal of water wastage.
- Do not; never take any reverse osmosis membrane as if it is a good one.
- Give us a call and we will gladly help you.
Function of reverse osmosis membrane.
- If you’re reverse osmosis system is not working 100%.
- It could be that one of the parts has failed to work correctly.
- In this case the reverse osmosis membrane is at risk for it could mean that the membrane is been by-pass.
- Yes by-pass and the water that you think is purified water could be contaminated water.
- That means the membrane is worth nothing if it is by-passed.
- The water will by-pass the membrane and you will have purified parasites in your water.
- That is why you need to have only high quality products in your system.
- We trust the processes and the products that we used that we give a three years warranty to our clients.
- Why could we do that?
- We know the quality of every product and its working capacity of it.
- We tested every product that we use and do not take any suppliers word on any product that they deliver.
- It is our name that supports our products and services.
Reverse Osmosis Membrane