- It works according the hydraulics principle.
- Two types of water pressures are involved.
- Top section is the low water pressure side.
- Bottom side is the high water pressure side.
RO system Top section low water pressure side:
- Have a big work surface for the low water pressure to push downwards.
RO system Bottom section high water pressure side:
- Have a small work surface to push the plunger upwards.
- This small work surface is in actual fact a cut-off mechanism.
- When the top sections low water pressure reaches a certain pressure it push the plunger downwards.
- The downwards pressure cut the inlet water off that flow from the three big filters towards the reverse osmosis membrane housing inlet.
4 way valve sensitivity:
- This parts housing is made of plastic.
- The valve consists of 11 loose parts, of which 4 is steel screws.
- There are two thin rubber seals that cut or open the water flow to the reverse osmosis system.
- The outer housing and two inner mechanisms.
- The two rubber seals are the most important part of the valve.
- What happened is that even some installation people do not know the correct water pressure this seals can handle.
- Yes if the water pressure is to high the water pressure tear this thin rubber seals.
- I have found that the hole in the rubber seals could be so small that you could only see it if you hold it to the sun.
- The smallest hole can prevent this valve from working properly.
- If only one of the rubber seals is damage then the waste water will flow non-stop.
- That is 24 hours a day for years if the service people do a good job they will spot the problem.
- The problem is that the service people just replace the water filters and get the money and there they go.
- They have never checked the system from beginning to end for any damaged for faulty parts
What would happen if this RO 4 Way Valve Working not correct?
- Parasites and worms will be present in the reverse osmosis systems water tank.
- Live organisms in the purified reverse osmosis water.
- Waste water will flow 24/7/365 a year down the drain.
- Money wasted from R2 000.00 to R3 500.00 per year.
- 30% of our new clients how have a reverse osmosis system have roundworms and live organisms in there purified reverse osmosis water.
I want to know something about the 4 way valve working.