- RO water at facet is clear.
- RO water at fridges is a light brown colour.
- Water comes from same RO system.
- Water filters is still in good shape.
- Why is this happening?
Identification of RO Water Colour Change source.
- From the RO system plastic tube entre a 15 mm copper pipe.
- 15 mm copper pipe is 7 meters in length.
- Where it exits the wall it has fittings on.
- 10 years ago client connect the RO water to the two fridges.
- Client couldn’t get copper fittings that fit.
- He used galvanized fitting to solve the problem.
- There was no water problem for 10 years.
What was the course of this light brown RO water colour change?
- Client used plastic tube.
- Then copper pipe.
- Then galvanized fittings.
- Never use galvanized after copper pipe.
- Copper and galvanized cause a reaction that take years to manifest.
- The galvanized will get rust pit marks.
- Then one day this pit marks is a hole where water flows out.
- The copper and galvanized pipe had rust inside.
- That was the cause of the light brown colour of the water.
- We replace the water feed with a new plastic tube.
RO water colour change problem solved.